July 31, 2005

Saturday at DefCon, Blackjack in Vegas

Filed under: Events,Friends,Places,Technology — Cory @ 5:22 pm

Yesterday at DefCon there were a few interesting sessions, but the my favorite of the day was the Introduction to Lockpicking and Physical Security. It was interesting to see how insanely easy it is for someone to unlock a lock within seconds. The only other session I thought was really interesting was the Be Your Own Telephone Company…With Asterisk talk. I’d like to try setting up an Asterisk PBX sometime soon.

Yesterday I ended up hanging out with Dirk and Richard for most of the day. We met up with some friends of theirs for dinner at Wolfgang Puck‘s Bar and Grill at the MGM Grand. I had the Mustard Glazed Salmon with Warm Potato, Granny Smith Apples, and Watercress, and it was excellent. I ate to the point of discomfort, which is not something I often say. After dinner we walked around for a while and saw the sites. Dirk and Richard taught me a lot about blackjack during the night and after several hours of watching and asking questions, I finally decided I was ready to give it a try. I decided that $20 was all I was willing to put on the line, so at a $5 table I got $20 worth of chips and began playing. I was never down, and after about 30 or 45 minutes I had $60 worth of chips. At this point I decided it would be a good idea to cash out and quit while I was ahead.

Las Vegas reminds me a lot of New Orleans because it is very easy to loose track of time if you are not paying attention. I made it back to my room around 5:30, and I didn’t even feel tired. I think I like this town. ;)

• • •

8 Comments »

1. Las Vegas is the best town in the world!

Comment by Tate — August 1, 2005 @ 8:16 am
  2. I’m glad you liked the talk (Asterisk). Drop me a line if you need some help.

(Pha-j33r t3h g00gle searches! :D )

Comment by Black Ratchet — August 2, 2005 @ 9:31 pm
  3. Thank you for the good writeup. It in reality was a leisure account it.
    Glance complex to more introduced agreeable from you! By the way, how can we communicate?

Comment by zmenki na slepo — September 10, 2014 @ 8:32 am
  4. Why viewers still make use of too read news papers when in this technological worlod
    everything is available on web?

Comment by serioznizapoznanstva.com — September 13, 2014 @ 8:55 am
  5. This is my first time go to ssee at here and i am actually impressed to read all
    at alone place.

Comment by partnernaurovni zoznamka — September 13, 2014 @ 10:12 am
  6. Јohnson’s election campaiǥn.

Feel free to visit my site – joseph collins punch tv (Jacques)

Comment by Jacques — September 16, 2014 @ 12:12 am
  7. Hello! This post could not be written any better! Reading this post reminds me
    of my previous room mate! He always kept chatting about
    this. I will forward this write-up to him. Faiirly certain he will hae a good read.
    Thanks for sharing!

Comment by hol ismerkedjek — September 16, 2014 @ 4:35 pm
  8. In terms of finding the best male sexual aids,
    you don’t have to look quite far. The movements have been used to create, for example, mechanical licking tongues,
    vibrators that ‘penetrate’ the vagina and mouth simulators
    to give a man a ‘blow job’. It is no doubt that sex, plays a
    major part in maintaining a healthy and long lasting
    relationship.